Monday, February 7, 2011

Goodwill Hunting


Okay, this really is getting ridiculous.  I KNOW I shouldn't be, yet, somehow, I just can't stop.  I keep finding things that are too good to pass up.

I was googling Goodwill stores in my area and discovered there was one, very close, that I never knew existed!  I had to go check it out. 

Six over-sized plastic Christmas ornaments... I mean who could pass that up? They're brand new, still with the Target tags on them.  They were 1.99 each.

I'm really not looking for these, but I found ANOTHER Revere pot.   I know what happened there... the previous owner made a mess of it and just couldn't face the prospect of cleaning it and instead gave it to Goodwill.  It's 3.25 quarts, and the lid and inserts I found earlier fit this pot, too.  After a bit (okay, a LOT) of scrubbing with Barkeeper's Friend, it came clean.   It looks great. $4.00

That cool wooden corbel... from Indonesia... I don't have a place for it now, but I'm sure I'll find a place in my next house.  $6.00

And just because it cracked me up.  The ashtray.

We don't smoke, but it's got that oddball kitschy look I'm always attracted to.  

So, we're going to need a bigger moving van.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment