Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Treasure Hunting

The last thing I should be doing is buying more stuff!  We'll be moving in the not too distant future, hopefully, and I should be lightening my load, not adding to it.  But I can't help myself... I'm addicted to thrift stores lately.

We hadn't gotten more than a few blocks from the house this morning when we spotted some garage sale signs.  Wouldn't you know, I found a little ziploc bag of Christmas cuties for $1.  I really only had my eye on the little clip-on Santa... the angel (who needs a new hanger) and those trees are an added bonus.
Next stop, the Assistance League where  I found this bag of clothespins for $1.  I don't know if that's a deal or not, but I want to try to make some peg dolls and I don't see clothespins all that often anymore.

The Salvation Army did not know what they were doing when they sold this little Josef Originals (stickers still on) Christmas angel for $2.88.  My lucky day!

A couple of weeks ago I found the 3 qt Revere pot and lid at a thrift store for $2.  It was filthy and was missing a screw in the handle, but it cleaned up very nicely.  I sent away for a replacement screw and it's as good as new.  Today, at the Goodwill I found a strainer insert ($2) , AND a 1.5 qt pot with lid, again for $2. I'm going to have to replace the handles, but it, too, cleaned up beautifully.
Last stop of the day was at another Salvation Army, where I found a double boiler insert for the unbelievable price of 50 cents.  From the stamped markings on the bottoms, these kettles date back to the 40's!  Plus, I've been wanting to get a couple of pans that did not have a non-stick finish.  You know what they say about "one man's trash"...




No comments:

Post a Comment