Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All cleaned up and ready to roll!




Except for the bathroom (yuck!), the chocolate milk spotted upholstery, and the pile of Cheez-Its, assorted toy parts, and MORE chocolate milk up in the cab-over area, she wasn't that bad. Nothing a ton of elbow grease couldn't take care of. Thank heavens for my Little Green Machine and Febreze.

After tearing out all the rotten fabric over the windows, I went looking for fabric that would match the plum upholstery, lavender carpet and counters, and the pink, blue & lavender walls... no such luck. I like these colors, but they are not easy to work with! So, instead, I found at Walmart, some plastic raffia trim, like a mini grass skirt, and stapled that up for valances. I love it! It serves the purpose of finishing off the window and was a cheap, if only temporary, fix. Some day, when I have more time, I will continue looking for the perfect fabric and make something more permanent.

In the meantime, I can't wait to hit the road tiki-style.


No comments:

Post a Comment